YIN & YANG YOGA RETREAT
August 5, 2017 – August 11, 2017
“Yin & Yang, Sun & Moon, Masculine & Feminine; these are interconnected and corresponding qualities that represent the laws of nature and are present in us all. You are welcome to join an exploration and balancing of these vital forces to bring harmony to body, mind and spirit. A powerful practice of effort and surrender, of building up and letting go. Looking forward to sharing with you and being part of the process.” Zarah, your yoga instructor for this retreat.
Most of us are out of balance. We work too hard, have too much stress and do not have enough time to rest. This retreat will address ‘balance’ in all its aspects, from the yoga and breath-work, through to the range of uplifting and relaxing activities and most importantly nourishing ourselves with sumptuous food.
During this transformational week we will go back to basics to find deeper understanding of the subtleties of our breath as we work with the opposing elements Yin & Yang, sun and moon, heating and cooling, within us. We will gently learn how to take control of our breathing, which will in turn give us the tools to shape our lives.
It is an incredible gift that we can take control of our breathing and lead a stress free and healthy life. During the retreat we will work with different yoga postures both dynamic and passive which will help us become more in tune with our body (and mind).
You will leave this retreat empowered, energised and
ready to take on the world!
All the yoga sessions are suitable for complete beginners to intermediate. Zarah will work with you to ensure you get the maximum benefit out of the classes. Throughout the week you will experience:
Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Yin Yoga, Breath-Work, Meditation, Partner Yoga, Zarah’s fun take on yoga ZOGAflow (Yoga+Dance+Music) and much more…
The yoga practice will be enhanced with additional activities, of both an active and passive nature, such as Stand up paddle board (SUP) yoga, rhythm workshop and sound bath.
Your Yin & Yang meals will be lovingly prepared by Cynthia and Gaby, your creative Diosa Hayya hosts, with ingredients that are exclusively sourced from a certified organic farm within walking distance of the venue. Our cooking dares to go way beyond the ordinary health food approach by appealing to all the senses, effortlessly combining nutritious and yummy in every detail. We are happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements.
Our retreats are held in a luxurious Blakstad-designed villa, Can Amonita, set in the pine forest with yoga sessions held on the outside, shaded yoga deck. Every bedroom has its own en suite bathroom and air-conditioning. Wi-fi access is available.
Your Sample Day:
- 7am | warming ginger tea to stimulate your digestive system
- 7.10am | optional silent walk in the forest
- 7.45am | selection of fresh fruit and light snacks
- 8-10am | awaken your body, mind & spirit with dynamic yoga, breathing & meditation practice
- 10.30am | fresh juice or smoothie
- 11.30am | lavish brunch encompassing both healthy and comfort foods
- YOUR time (explore Ibiza, read a book, relax by the pool, choose an activity or healing therapy)
- 6.30-7.45pm | restorative and relaxing sunset yoga practice
- 8.30pm | delicious dinner with fresh Mediterranean produce accompanied with a glass of wine
- after dinner optional activity (e.g. Bollywood & Bangra dance, rhythm music workshop or crystal bowl sound bath)
- good night’s beauty sleep
Good to Know:
- Max 14 guests per retreat.
- Our yoga is suitable for complete beginners as well as experienced yogis.
- This is not a detox retreat.
- Our food is fresh, seasonal, healthy and caters to everyone’s needs.
- Wine is served with evening meals.
- Snacks, teas and unlimited water available throughout the day.
- SUP yoga, which is yoga on a board floating on water, is great for core stability, focus and balance.
- Silent walks help to relieve stress and tension, replenish your mental resources, improve memory and regenerate brain cells.
- By listening to your body, our rhythm workshop will help you rediscover effortless understanding of groove stored deep within your DNA.
- Discover the secrets of Bollywood and Bangra dance while strengthening your awareness of musicality and timing, at the same time benefiting from a good workout.
- Crystal bowl sound creates vibrations that cause a sense of stillness and deep relaxation within your mind and body.
- All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning.
- Our retreats offer a laid back atmosphere.
- The venue is located a short drive from gorgeous beaches and coves including: famous Benirras beach (sunset drumming), Cala Llenya and Cala Nova.
- The villages of San Lorenzo and Santa Gertrudis, with a selection of shops and restaurants, are only a few minutes’ drive from the venue.
- Diosa Hayya team is available to take care of your every need.